Saturday, November 8, 2014

SWEET CHRISTIAN ROMANCE


By Kimberly Rose Johnson

How would you describe your writing in general to someone who hasn't read any of your books?
I write sweet Christian romance stories that appeal to women of all ages.

Please tell us about A Holiday Proposal.
A Holiday Proposal is the third book in a series of four that takes place in Leavenworth, Washington—A quaint Bavarian village nestled in the Washington Cascades. Each book stands alone and features one of the women we first met in The Christmas Promise.

Here is the back cover blurb.

Just out of nursing school, Holly can't risk any distractions. She knows a slipup could cost a life. Like the mistake she made years ago that still plagues her conscience. When she runs into old high school friend Matthew Cook, she hesitates to let romance into her life. Even if the handsome baker is as delectable as his fabulous pastries.
She didn't notice him back in high school, but things have sure changed. Now that Matthew has Holly's attention, maybe the holiday season is the perfect time for him to show her that she deserves to have it all-work, family, friends and a love that lasts a lifetime.

How did you research or plan your book?

I am fortunate because my husband has extended family in the town of Leavenworth, WA where the story takes place. When I came up the idea for using that setting, I took the train to town and walked
Kimberly Rose Johnson
around the village just thinking and feeling the vibe of the place. Once I had a general idea for the story, I asked my husband’s family tons of questions. They were so nice and helpful. They even shared lots of antics from their own lives that inspired many things in the series.
My husband’s aunt called me one day and mentioned that she though I should add a homeless person to the story since Leavenworth has had a few. I thought about her idea and the charcter Elsa in this book was born. She’s not exactly homeless, but she was inspired by my husband's aunt.

What was the best thing a reader said about your writing/books?

My readers have been very kind to me, but in light of my past endeavor to write suspense this comment stands out to me and puts a smile on my face. This comment was made regarding A Romance Rekindled, book 2 in the series.
I have to say it has enough suspense to keep me on the edge of my seat!”
I love that she thought it was suspenseful because for years I tried and failed to get published as a romantic suspense writer.J

I enjoyed this comment so much about my first book, The Christmas Promise, I put it on my websites-landing page.
Kimberly Rose Johnson writes from a fresh clear perspective. Her heart is in her writing as well as her beguiling and subtle humor in situations that will make you laugh out loud.

What is your next project?
The next book that will release is A Match for Meghan. It is the fourth and final book in my Leavenworth series. Here is the back cover blurb.

MEGHAN BLACK HAS FINALLY MET HER MATCH 

The veterinary assistant never backs down from a dare…and what greater challenge than finding die-hard bachelor Ben Young his ideal mate? But what's an incurable cupid to do when the handsome vet turns the tables and asks her out?

Ben is perfectly content with his single life. And he figures there's only one way to get the petite dynamo to quit her matchmaking—date her himself! But his plan backfires when he realizes that Meghan could be The One. Can he convince a woman who believes in happy endings for everyone but herself that he's her Mr. Right?



MEET THE AUTHOR


Kimberly Rose Johnson married her college sweetheart and is a graduate of Northwest University. She lives in the Pacific Northwest with her husband, two teenage sons and their yellow lab. Kimberly is an avid reader and loves romance, suspense and romantic suspense. She enjoys playing the piano, hiking and coffee with friends. She loves hearing from her fans. You can connect with her on her website or follow her on Twitter.
Links:
Amazon
Christianbooks.com
The book Depository http://www.bookdepository.com/Holiday-Proposal-Kimberly-Rose-Johnson/9780373487318


No comments:

Post a Comment